Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

Since Yesterday

Tony is finally home!

It seems so long since yesterday
When he was with us here.
Though weak and tired and struggling,
We knew that he was near.
But now we stand upon this shore,
His path we cannot trace.
We only know since yesterday
He saw his Savior's face.

His first day home since yesterday --
We wonder at the thought!
We'll never know that special joy
That moment must have brought;
No clouds, no mists, since yesterday,
No pain, no questions, "why?"
Unshadowed now he sees the sun
As time has passed him by.

We miss him so since yesterday,
Each memory seems so real.
We long to share, to see him smile,
His special love to feel;
Yet, could we call him back again,
To leave his soul's delight,
To leave the gladness of the morn
For one more painful night?

Ah, no, we let him go with love,
For we shall meet some day.
We would not take away the joy
He's known since yesterday.
Could we deny the special gift
The Savior had to give?
For he who struggled so for life
Has just begun to live!
--Cora Eelman

12 comments:

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

My prayers are with you and your family at this time. Keep in mind what he is seeing now and who he is walking with. NO better place to be and to know once we close our eyes here, the lord has us instantly.

God's peace and grace I pray for you.

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

My prayers go out for you and your family.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

That is just beautiful Cora! Imagine how he is walking free of pain and in the company of the Lord.

You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Leaon Mary said...

What a party there was up in heaven.
Your poem is a beautiful tribute Cora... my heart and prayers are with you.

*Linda Pinda* said...

Beautiful poem, Cora.
My heart goes out to you and your siblings as you share in this sorrow.

Love and Prayers,
Linda and family

Julie said...

God bless you with peace, love and comfort. Sending warm thoughts---Julie

Renna said...

Cora, I'm so sad for you and your siblings that your brother is gone, but I rejoice with you in knowing that to be absent from his body, means he is present with his Savior.

You have the most amazing gift of poetry. (((hug)))

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Beautiful poem and just know that you and your family are in my prayers. blessings,Kathleen

Nana Jul said...

May our Father of Comfort wrap his loving arms around you and your family during your time of grief!
What a beautiful poem!
Julie

Debra said...

Hi Cora~
I have caught up with your blog posts, and I have to say, the Christmas one was about the most beautiful I've ever read. I think it hit me hard because my family has just gone through the same thing. My husband's brother died Jan.3, with his sister beside him, one on the phone, and my husband at his side in the hospital. So my heart goes out to you with prayers of comfort...Your list of things you want the Lord to change in you this year also tugged at me-so well put, and just what I want too. I love you Cora. Please give Juri a hug for me, and Buster...

Megan said...

Cora, thank you so much for your wonderful suggestions -- from someone who has been there, obviously, you should know. I WILL check out those web sites you suggested. You have a gift with words (your poem) That and faith must bring you such peace. -Megan-

papel1 said...

I am so sorry to hear about your brother. It makes us want to cherish life each day. He is watching from above.
Judy