Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Again!

Five Minute Friday

Linking up with Lisa Jo and 5-minute Fridays. It’s a time when we set the timer and write for 5 minutes with no corrections, editing, backspacing, or “do overs.” So here it goes:

Today’s Word ---- “Again”

Go!

Once again, I made the journey to the Cancer Center for my three--month check up. I’m coming up on my 5-year anniversary in July -- it was in July of 2008 that I was diagnosed with breast cancer and started that journey through treatment. No matter what anyone says, no matter how positive and “on top of it” I am, I was never the same after that. I don’t think anyone is. It’s not a detour, it’s a whole new path.

Once again, I get weighed, I get the finger prick, I get the exam, I get the blood draw from my chemo port, and I get the port flushed out. In some ways, I’m tired of it. In other ways, I am reminded again and again of God’s abundant grace in healing and giving me these past 5 years.

Again, my oncologist reminds me of his own surprise at my “amazing recovery” and absence of any signs of cancer. We discussed those chemo days, how he didn’t think the surgeon would be able to close that spot where the tumor was, how the radiation burned me to a crisp, and yet, it looks so good.

And so, again, I lift my praise and thankful heart to Him who walks with us through the each and every valley! And again, I thank all my friends here who stuck with me through those days, walked with me, prayed for me again and again, and have praised God for all He has done!

Stop!

Be sure to visit others who are participating in 5-minute Friday here:

Five Minute Friday

19 comments:

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Praising with you, Cora!

Patty Sumner said...

Once again Cora, You have blessed my heart. God is good and that is evident in your life..Keep on going and again and again and again proving that God is Jehovah Rophi..God our healer. Blessings!

Christen said...

Praise the Lord! Our God is so great!!!!

Debra Bacon | Jean's Blog said...

Cora, what a beautiful testimony through this post. I am glad you were the person before me. You have enriched and blessed my day.

Leaon Mary said...

Again! I am so thankful Cora!! I join with all these other ladies... praising God for His healing and walking with you on this journey!
I remember crying as I read back then how you'd gotten burned during the radiation and I just couldn't imagine what all you were really going through. I'm so thankful your on the other side of it this beautiful day. To God be the glory... AGAIN. ;) .... eagle wings my friend!!

Vicki said...

Praising Him with you!

I lost my husband to pancreatic cancer and I was with him through everything you described.

Our God is so good to carry us through the hard times.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Glad to meet you! :)

Kristin Bridgman said...

Again, you have blessed me and I praise God for such a good report. God has plans for you and I'm so glad you're back and I get to peek in from time to time:)

Dee said...

Hi Cora, I am so happy to see you well and happy and back in blog land. You have been through so much....and here you are a living testimony to the Lords healing grace. ♥

Debra said...

Oh Cora-it worked! Your blog let me in !
I am so very blessed to have known you all these years, dear friend. It was an honor to be one of your prayer warriors-so thankful you are well!!!!
I just love ya so much!!

dsblanchard said...

I didn't know you still had your chemo port. What a reminder. I didn't know they left those things in after you were free from cancer so long. Frankly, I have never heard of such a thing. Perhaps those who have them just never mention it. It wouldn't be everyday conversation, I guess. So many of us need your wisdom that God just had to keep you here. Your year of restoration will be a knock-out for the Locust Team. Woo-hoo, go get 'em, in Jesus' name!

nancy huggins said...

So Happy for you Cora and my GM always said "The Lord will provide" and she was right. He supplies us with what we need and he knew a lot of us need you (especially sweet little Buster) I hope to see you more in blog land so we don't have to worry about you. I want you for my forever friend :)
Missed ya..Love ya
Hugs
nancy

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Cora,

I had lost touch with you and then saw your comment on Patty's blog (My Mountain Blessings). I have wondered about you so many times after praying for you with your cancer, and somehow lost the connection to your blog. I could not remember the name of it for anything. All I could remember was Cora. :)

Reading this post was a blessing, and although life is not the same, I praise God for bringing you through what He has and I praise the Lord for it!

Hugs,
Tammy

papel1 said...

Hey Cora, stopping by to say hello. I read your comment on Nancys blog so got the news. Glad Buster is still with you. Not much new here. Still sell on ebay, but love to travel in our trailer.
Judy

Court D said...

Blessings on you dear one. My own mother just got a second diagnosis of cancer this year, a different kind not the first coming back and she said the hardest part was just hearing that word again.

Tiffany said...

Hey Cora! I am a bit late in reading your newest posts!

I completely understand about having nothing to say and then feeling like you have alot to say!

So glad you had a good check up! Praising Him with you! God really is so good!

xoTiffany

Paula said...

This was wonderful, Cora... it's a reminder not only to you but to us as well that God has brought you along an amazing journey... and how we can all praise Him for what He has done in your life!! ((HUGS))

Patty Sumner said...

Cora, you never fail to amaze me. what God has done in your life is truly amazing..and you always give him the glory!!!! Praise the Lord!!! He is good and He is faithful. Blessings!

Denise said...

Hey girl!!!! How beautiful is this post...I so miss talking to you..Praying you are well and sending you hugs...

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

Praising the lord with you and you are cancer free for so long, HE has blessed you in so many ways.