Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

I love you, Buster!

He never criticized me when my house was dirty or messy. He didn't mind that sometimes I acted like a hoarder. He always forgave me when I was crabby, whiney, or impatient. He loved me in spite of all my faults. What will I ever do without that crazy, happy face greeting me every single morning as I stumbled to the bathroom???? He's gone. My Buster is gone. And my heart is broken. Several weeks ago, I noticed he was walking a little funny. I thought maybe his nails were getting too long, and my brother-in-law came over and clipped them, hoping that would help. It slowly got worse. Buster always loved my massage machine and he laid down on the floor for me to massage his hips and legs. He loved it, but it didn't help, and he began "slipping" --- his back legs sliding out from under him as if he were on ice. It was torture for me to see him try to get up. I took him to the vet the other day, and they found nothing at all wrong with his spine, hips, legs, etc. X-rays were perfect. She asked to keep him for a while, they would do blood tests, etc. They called later that day and said he had diabetes and wanted to do a drip of insulin and something else. But it didn't work. The next morning he was in worse shape, and the vet said he would never walk again. So I had to make that heart-wrenching decision --- I had to let him go. I love you, Buster. I will always miss you. You saw me through a hard period of my life and I thank you for being such a wonderful, faithful friend. There will never be another Buster and everyone who ever met you knew you were one of a kind. You will hold a special place in my heart forever and ever!!!

3 comments:

Patty Sumner said...

Awe.... how sad! Our fur children are such a big part of our families. I am so sorry you had to loose Buster this way.. I know the decision had to be difficult but it was the best one for Buster.. I pray you can find peace and comfort remembering all the good days Buster brought to your life.. Blessings!

Debra said...

I'm so very sorry, Cora. I remember the funny times you had with him....Dear Heart, please leave me a comment with your mailing address at my blog. I won't publish it. I thought I had it but I don't. You are in my prayers. A lot.

Sue said...

I am so sorry Cora, for your loss, I also read your last post, and am so sorry to read about the cancer, I will be praying for you! Blessings,
Sue