543. Experiencing music in a new way. Went to an “open mike” night at a church in my area, and the music was so good. One group had worship dancers that were just excellent. I have not seen this before and loved it.
544. Great fellowship with friends as we enjoyed the music together.
545. A triple-chocolate overloaded Blizzard from Dairy Queen. I just know there will be Dairy Queens in Heaven!
546. A Birthday. Just passing another birthday seems like a milestone. Three years ago, I wondered if I would ever see another birthday. Somehow, they seem a little more special than they ever did before.
547. A birthday dinner at Applebee’s. Sister and a special friend made it so great!
548. A Kindle from my Sister. My mind is making a list a mile long of all that I want to read.
549. A surprise in church last night. “My Guy” sang a song so special to me. Sis got him into this covert operation of getting the pastor, his wife, the drummer and the keyboard guy to sing “God of the Mountain” -- a song that just meant everything to me during my cancer journey. It caught me by surprise and the tears
Just flowed. I’m not one who cries easily, but last night I sobbed.
550. Tiny birds at my feeder. So many little ones with high-pitched voices and fluttery wings waiting to be fed.
551. Oatmeal. Why do I love that sticky, pastey stuff??? A little butter, brown sugar, and I’m good to go!
552. Pork Roasts on sale BOGO. I couldn’t resist. I had one before, and it was just too good. I hate to admit this, but there are now eight of them in my freezer!!!
553. Green peppers still going strong in the garden.
554. Watching vultures get soaked in a rain storm. Is that being thankful or vindictive???? They were all in a large, dead tree as it poured down rain. I was so praying that the Lord would send lightening and strike that tree!!!!! At least it kept me entertained for a few minutes as I watched them dripping wet with their wings spread like umbrellas.
555. People who ask me hard questions and make me think deeper than I have dared to go in a long time.
556. That God has the answers to hard questions.
557. That He doesn’t mind us asking Him.
You can find so many others who are counting their gifts with Ann VosKamp here:
A God-lover Waits ...
14 hours ago