Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Gratitudes of the Heart - Week 14

416. Strength to admit weakness.

417. Strength to take a step. . . And then another.

418. Strength to follow through.

419. Support of those who understand.

420. Watching my sister “waterboard” turkey vultures who just won’t give it up!

421. Cool, sunny days. Like the spring days I remember as a child.

422. Butterflies.

423. A cardinal catching drops of water off the leaves after I water.

424. Listening to baby flycatchers learning their song. Mom and Dad sit on a branch nearby and sing it right. Little ones in the birdhouse sing it -- not so right. Over and over and over they practice, day after day. I wonder if that’s the rule --- you can only come out to play if your song is right???

425. Learning about the depths of forgiveness over at Craig’s blog, Deep into Love: Just Corinthian Love.

426. Learning to fly like an eagle ---- Thank you, Lea!

427. A brother-in-law coming to my rescue with a battery charger. I left the little inside lights on in my car.

428. Fresh picked cucumber sliced up in a salad with onion, feta cheese, sun dried tomatoes, etc.

429. Fifteen bean soup cooking for supper.

430. Cornbread! Tastes like Heaven when you haven’t had it in a while!

431. Zuchinni. All the zuchinni I could ever want for free. Someone brought boxes and boxes of it to church tonight. I was shocked at how many people didn’t know what it was, never tasted it, and didn’t know how to fix it.

432. Graduation day. The Flycatchers are out of the nest. What a loud, busy bunch out there!!!!! Three babies and two parents --- and no one else is allowed anywhere near them ---- no one WANTS to be. It sounds like about 20 police whistles being blown all at the same time. They definitely got their song down pat! One baby wants to go to the ground, but Momma goes after him, swoops under him, and guides him back to the top of a tree. Do I see some lessons there?????

433. Still, quiet moments.

434. The freedom of forgiveness and letting go.

435. Buster’s big sighs as he sleeps at my feet. ALWAYS at my feet. 24/7.

436. One big beautiful Sunday all wrapped up in one big blessing!

437. The reminder that we really only have an audience of ONE when it comes to what we do in life. What we do is for God and Him alone. (Col. 3:23-24).

I'm linking up with Ann VonKamp, author of 1000 Gifts, and the many others who are counting all the blessings and gifts that the Lord sends their way. You can find them here:

13 comments:

Kristin Bridgman said...

Amen to #437! And I'm not quite sure what #420 means? :)

Have another blessed week Cora...I know you will because you "look".

Thank you for being such a blessing!

thejoyproject40 said...

loving the strength gifts and that salad sounds divine. thanks for sharing your list!

Christina said...

Amen to 416-419! "My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever." Ps 73:26
Blessings on your day!

elizabeth said...

Beautiful thanksgiving my friend...I must admit, the one I'm stuck on is that delicious salad!

Deborah said...

What a lovely list. Just had # 428(we call it village salad) over the weekend and I choose it as one of my blessings. Thanks for sharing. By the way, what does #420 mean?

Denise J. Hughes said...

"strength to follow through"

Lovely list. This is my first time here. It's nice to "meet" you.

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Such sweet words to read! blessings,Kathleen

nancy huggins said...

Your list is wonderful to read Cora and I could actually see Buster laying by your feet. Maggie and Calli know that something is wrong with Mom when she sleeps in the guest room and when I woke up they were both sideways with their heads lating on my legs. I can't believe I found them in the want ads as puppies for free..I think they know how much I love them and how much they mean to me especially this week..They are my biggest blessing right now (even though I have many more) I don't know what I would do if anything would happen to them.
Keep the lists coming Cora and if you answer my last email that will be another blessing that I am thankful for :)

Miz Liz said...

Thank you, Cora, for posting your Gratitude list. As I read, I take restful breaths and see beyond my own front porch. And I always need the reminder that all of it is just for Him.

Leaon Mary said...

I too loved #437... and all the rest as well; ... that eagle one too. lol ;)

I hadn't picked my list back up in a few days. You've reminded me to get to counting and thanking myJesus.

I love ya Cora!
agape love!!!.... ;)
Lea

KathyB. said...

Yes, inquiring minds want to know more about #420.

What wonderful gratitudes of the heart.The flycatcher family sound like a very entertaining bunch.

#437 is my favorite.

Paula said...

Beautiful, Cora! And I love that Buster sleeps at your feet 24/7.... despite his faults he must REALLY love you.
There you go, blessing #438! *grin*

Anonymous said...

#437 is my favorite-for Him and Him alone. That can be tough to remember when I slip into 'I wonder what others will think' land.

zuchini-I rarely meet people who like it-let alone love it. I love it!

Thank you,
A.