438. Beautiful lilac-tinted flowers on bean vines. I planted the asparagus beans so the vines would climb an archway. The flowers don’t last long, but they are so pretty while they are there.
439. Sunset. Driving down a long, straight road towards the west, the sun is HUGE and blazing red as it drops into the gulf. Just breath-taking!
440. Homemade patty melt on onion-rye bread from the bakery. Nothing better.
441. Sound of a hamburger sizzling in the frying pan. I don’t have them very often anymore. So I salivate along with Buster as it’s cooking.
442. Cucumbers that play hide-and-seek under big, protective leaves.
443. Lots of little chirpy babies being shown where the feeder is and how it “do it yourself.”
444. Young squirrel on the window ledge sitting on his haunches, holding his chest, in “shock and awe” as he realizes there are people on the other side of the glass.
445. Offering encouragement, but getting way more back in return.
446. Relieved to have my 3-month check up with the oncologist over and done with. All is well.
447. Leaving comfort zones can be hard, but once I tried my wings, I found I didn’t want to go back to the nest.
448. Moving on!
449. And finding I’m not alone in the journey.
450. And that the miracle of it all is that I WANT to move on. Is this how an eagle feels when it’s time to fly? Scared, but you want to --- and you just do it?
451. Open mike music night at a sister church. Such a blessing!
452. That so many in the audience had served in the military. An overwhelming sense of gratefulness came over me.
453. Reading others’ blogs and the stories of those who have served and sacrificed all for my freedom. Thank you! Because of their sacrifices, you have sacrificed much, also.
454. Encouragement in my email that just changed the course of my day!
You can join others who are finding thankfulness and gratitude in their everday moments here:
1 day ago