It's literally true: Sometimes blessings do come in raindrops! I don't think I've ever seen it so dry here for so long. It was heartbreaking to see trees dying --- large, mature trees that were full of green leaves, now brown and dead. I have 4 in my yard alone. So when the rains came this week, no one was more thankful than me. I've often imagined what it must be like as the Lord listens to ALL the prayers from around the world. Here I am, begging for rain, Texas needs rain so badly, and others are dealing with floods and rising rivers, crying for a break from all the water! Yet, He hears our cries, takes us through whatever it is that sweeps over us, and we say, "thank you" once again. His way for me is best . . . always! And so, I continue counting the blessings I see each day:
510. Several days of gentle rains after a very long, dry drought. Fires were becoming a threat, trees were so droopy, and gardens failing. Thank you, Lord, for showers!
511. Watching happy birds in the rain!
512. Realizing that many of these birds probably never saw or experienced rain! It’s been that long. They’ve been hatched, raised, and out of the nest --- all since the last time we even had a shower.
513. Seeing how squirrels hang on the underside of tree branches and catch the little streams of water
As they drip. Long, slow drinks! Then a washed face. And all is well!
514. Leaves, all shiney and clean.
515. The peaceful sound of drips from places where God gave an over abundance.
516. Puddle splashers. There’s always the party bunch, aren’t there???? They come with their music and all!
517. That I was challenged this week to find words for things I couldn’t explain clearly. One of those -- You know that you know but you can’t explain it --- type of things.
518. That in this search I learned so much more than I thought I knew.
519. Goats and chickens who love string beans. They are getting the last of the stray beans.
520. Watching Buster push his head deep into the cherry tomato plants, finding the ripe ones, and eating them all. Oh, well! I’m just glad he was smart enough NOT to try the HOT peppers.
521. Reading an exciting and challenging book called, “To Be Told” by Dan Allender. I have bought a million books throughout my life, all promising to make me into the person God meant for me to be, or dealing with my past, and everything else that’s wrong with my life. I got all the workbooks, too. And they are all blank. But this one grabbed me. And since I like to write, this pushed my buttons. More about this in future posts.
522. Finding out that declaring war on negative thoughts is a really BIG war! It’s amazing when I start writing down all the negative things that I think about myself and then find out what God has to say about them. . . . It’s REALLY WAR!
523. Why does that make me smile? Somewhere in my heart I already know I’m on the winning side.
524. Air Conditioning!!!! Just the sound of it coming on makes me feel cooler!
525. That He is in my boat with me when the seas get stormy.
526. That He told me we were going over to the other side, and once He tells me where we’re going, there are no storms that will keep us from going there.
527. That no matter how many times I ask Him why He doesn’t care, He always calms the storms and reminds me of Who He is.
Linking up with so many others who see their blessings each day and share with us their lists:
Monday, June 27, 2011
Posted by Cora from Hidden Riches at 10:46 AM