615. Rain. Sometimes slow and steady, sometimes heavy, but still --- RAIN! I love the sound of rain dripping off the roof. We have needed rain for so long, and today was our day for WET. As I sat on my porch and listened to the sound I seem to love best, I thought about that song, what if blessings came like raindrops. . .???? How many do I not see? And if I did, would I be able to count them all?
616. Watching squirrels and birds alike catching droplets of water on the branches.
617. A beautiful reminder to hush into stillness the negative voice I hear speaking back at me in the mirror and rather, to listen to the whispers of grace.
618. Counting the myriad shades of green as Spring lets loose such an abundance of new growth.
619. A male cardinal gently feeding the love of his life the best he can find in the feeder.
620. Two extremely happy flycatchers taking up residence in my birdhouse.
621. Buster’s happy face and his willingness to do absolutely anything I ask if it will get him a fried pig’s ear. I melt every time I see the anticipation and longing in his face!
622. Being encouraged by this wonderful community of bloggers, and being able to pass on that same encouragement to others.
623. A pastor who is willing to open the Book of Hebrews weekly in our Bible Study and go slowly for people like me ----- like, word for word, one word at a time ---- and for the first time, I think I will understand it. I’ve shied away from Hebrews as a whole book study. But it’s time to pull up my big girl panties and grab a good hold of this book and learn it!
624. A homemade pizza (I even made the crust from scratch), with barbecue made from left over pork loin, pineapple, onions and cheese. I know, it’s not diet, but I needed . . . . Something good! And it was. And I’m thankful. No regrets.
625. A cheerful cashier at the grocery store, making it a tiny bit easier to spend so much more for such a little bit.
626. Learning to live peacefully with a loose lizard running through my house. I’m not sure the word “peaceful” is accurate. I did scream and jump on the chair when I saw it looking up at me right there at my feet! It’s HUGE! At least 8 inches long, black, shiney, and slimey looking. Where it came from is anyone’s guess, but it’s lightening fast and uncatchable. Any suggestions?????
627. The brave soul who knocked the wasp nest off my door. I was beginning to feel like I was being held hostage by all these creatures of nature.
628. Hearing whispers of grace in the beautiful song of the whipoorwill -- clear and sweet in the darkness of the night. I pray that I will sing like that when I find myself in the darkest of times -- singing all the songs I learned while walking in the light.
629. Cool, fresh, clean air with soft breezes after a period of much needed rain. Everything looks so clean and perky again.
630. Bloggy friends who are encouragers with their words, warriors of truth, and partners in prayer. I am honored to call them friends.Linking up with all those who are also counting their gifts moment by moment: