Pages

Monday, September 15, 2008

Daybook entry for September 15, 2008

Photobucket



FOR TODAY (September 15, 2008)...



Outside My Window It's a beautiful morning, sunny, with a little breeze. Starting to feel a little cooler in the mornings now -- a relief after a hot, muggy summer! Some leaves are starting to fall, too!



I am thinking. . . I can't believe almost three weeks have past already since my last chemo treatment and that #3 is just a few days away. I get knots in my stomach just thinking about it. It's one thing to wake up one morning and discover you are sick or something. It's another thing to KNOW that in a few days you will feel like death warmed over and have to plan for it!!!



I am thankful for... Loving and praying friends and family. My sister's chili. All the cards and gifts I've received. .



From the kitchen... Don't have a clue yet. I have a full freezer, so I'll be opening the door in a while, standing there staring, hoping something jumps out at me. Maybe meatloaf?.



I am wearing... print tee shirt, black slacks, barefoot!

I am creating... Ideas on how to get through this day, and the rest of my life of chemo treatments! If each one is worse than the next, I wonder if I'll make it through this next one. It seems that I tire out so easily lately and have to plan things out so there are breaks in between. I hope I can get some idea from the Dr. Wednesday as to how many more I'm going to have to have. I would at least like to have some idea as to how far down the road the end is.



I am going... Probably to the post office, drug store, and grocery store.

I am reading... Remember those little, daily flip calanders that were so popular in the early 90's???? I was addicted to them and still have about 40 of those things. Since my concentration level seems to only reach the span of about 1 or 2 sentences, I've dug a few of these out and reading them. So many great, encouraging verses, prayers, quotes, etc. I even have one in the bathroom to keep me company there!



I am hoping... The pills the Dr. prescribed will keep the dark days at a minimum this time. That was NOT a happy experience at all! But at least I know what caused it and am prepared this time!



I am hearing... Cardinals, Titmice, and Chickadees chirping at the feeder.



Around the house... Why is it there is ALWAYS laundry to do???? And I'll be cutting away on quilts, etc., so Patsy is well stocked up for sewing and stitching during that week I'm down for the count!



A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week. . . Stock up on what I can eat next week, Chemo on Wednesday, change sheets and have a spare set ready for changing after a night of the sweats! Make sure all orders are mailed out.



Here is picture thought I am sharing...



This morning, Buster alerted me to the fact that there were sqirrels in the backyard stealing our acorns. It's been so much fun to watch a momma sqirrel build her nest in my birdhouse and see those little heads peeking out now and then! Watching her collect acorns, eating some, burying some, and taking some home has been great. I always rattle the door a little before letting Buster chase her off ---- she knows the sound and heads up the tree with her nut, leaving Buster totally bewildered!!!!

______________

I'm so glad to be able to participate with the others in this Notebook entry. You can visit The Simple Woman's blog
HERE!

20 comments:

CathyJean said...

Cora,
I am so glad it is cooling down too! I was so excited about opening the windows to air out the house yesterday - it was windy, high 70's and low humidity! perfect :) It was wonderful, except for the neighbor's dog that barked non-stop for 2 hrs! :( oh, well...
Good to be over here visiting you.
I pray for you, my dear friend.
Hugz,
Cathy
Psalm 28:7

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Thinking about you as you prepare for your next Chemo and praying it doesn't hit you as hard as you expect it to. I hope the Dr has the answers you are needing !! Hugs, Linda

Leaon Mary said...

I'll be praying too Cora.
Those little calendar flips sound perfect and I have a few myself.
Your squirrel makes me smile. What a good little Mother! I've never had baby squirrels other than to come visit the potting shed and tear open feed sacks when we keep our grain for the cows in there. Have never had a nest of them to watch anyhow.
I'll be remembering you this week!
Love Lea

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you Wednesday and afterwards!

Blessings,
Nancy

Aliene said...

Dear Cora, Just stopped by your blog. It's a little cooler here in Louisiana also. But muggy from the hurricane Ike. We were not hit directly. But we were with Gustav - Want you to know that Ii will be praying for you as you start chemo again. It's easy for someone else to say Take one day at the time. But with your cheerful and positive attitude youwill make it. Remember, Friend, you are not alone. You have blog friends praying and a GREAT BIG GOD!
Much love mingled wuth prayers,
Aliene

Aliene said...

Dear Cora, Just stopped by your blog. It's a little cooler here in Louisiana also. But muggy from the hurricane Ike. We were not hit directly. But we were with Gustav - Want you to know that Ii will be praying for you as you start chemo again. It's easy for someone else to say Take one day at the time. But with your cheerful and positive attitude youwill make it. Remember, Friend, you are not alone. You have blog friends praying and a GREAT BIG GOD!
Much love mingled wuth prayers,
Aliene

papel1 said...

I will be thinking of you on Wed. I am glad you are still cutting out those angels. Your previous post on Buster was great. Cooler weather coming might help on those night sweats. Take care.
Judy

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Thinking of you my dear friend. I get a little pit in my stomach too when I imagine what it must be like to anticipate your next treatment. Colton & I are really praying for you.

Love that little squirrel picture. Do you know, we live out here in the middle of a forest and I rarely see a squirrel??? Wonder where they all are. Strange, isn't it?

Colton got up this morning talking about you and wanted to write you a note. He was thrilled to see Buster's photo. Now is walking around with his tongue hanging out and panting. Oh boy ... hope we can get something done today! LOL

Love,
Lea

Thia said...

While I understand that it isn't nice to know that you will feel horrible, in a way, at least you can prepare. Lay in some supplies and so forth. Prayers and hugs.

Julie said...

You can do it!! I agree about the laundry part of your post--it's ALWAYS there!! Hope you're having a great day. julie

Nicole said...

Just stopping by to say Hi! Do hope that your next treatment is not as bad as the others. So glad to hear the good news about Buster! You're right, miracles do happen!:)

Love and prayers,
Nicole

Debra said...

Hi Cora,
Buster looks like he's turning into a lovely and devoted dog. The picture of him is gorgeous. I know I'm commenting about the previous post, but I just can't help it-there's something so wonderful in the look on his face.
You are in my prayers-early when I get up, and through the day.
Much love, Debra

Renna said...

We are having cooler weather after a hot and humid summer, too, Cora, and I am loving it!

I'm praying for you every day. I awoke in the night, unable to go right back to sleep, and the Lord brought you to my mind and I prayed for you then, too.

Wanita said...

Cora, I love the picture of your squirrel. We have squirrels ~ all named Fluffy ~ who visit our bird feeder, and they make us smile with their antics.

I'll be praying for you as you get your next chemo treatment.

Toni said...

Cora,
I`ll be continuing to pray for you.I hope you won`t have to go through many more chemo treatments. Just remember God is Big!! Even bigger than chemo:) Love and blessings,Toni

Gone said...

You're included in our DAY of PRAYER post today!

~Blessings,
Jan

Ruthie said...

We'll be praying for you on Wed. Just remember that in the end it will be worth it all when you are better - I know from other friends who've gone through this that it is not easy and the lack of concentration and extreme tiredness is what they have all felt. But it will get better down the road. Just hold onto the Lord and His promises for now and all your blogging friends will see you through with our prayers.
Hugs.

Leaon Mary said...

Hi Cora,
Just thinking of you and reminding you what everyone else is telling you... You can do this... God IS WITH YOU... just keep your eyes on Him.
Love ya..
eagle wings
Lea
<*)))><
I CAN do ALL things through CHRIST who STRENGTHENS me!!!!!!!

Joyfulsister said...

Dear Sister..
Just for you to write and keep up I know takes a lot of energy, I remember the brain fog and the fatigue, this is your time of rest and healing, it was hard for me to be still but I gave in eventually. I'm so glad you have Juri and your precious furbaby. Thinking of you and always calling out your name to the Lord as I go to work each day.

Luv ya Lorie

Cookie said...

Stopping by to see how you are! You're a brave woman! My encouragment to you is not to look at the end but take each day at a time with hope of tomorrow! Remember that your Heavenly Father is carring you on that shore; so when you think you can't get up and go he is there pulling you up! Thoughts and prayers are with you.