Pages

Monday, June 23, 2008

Daybook Entry for June 23, 2008

Photobucket



FOR TODAY (June 23, 2008)...



Outside My Window Two titmice are scratching in the dirt for some leftover seeds, the leaves on my Sycamore tree are swaying in the breeze, the sun is shining, and everying looks so clean after a day of rain yesterday!



I am thinking... Trying NOT to think, actually! So many unknowns that seem fill my mind with "what ifs," "when," and "how it will turn out." Part of me just wants to quit on this whole thing and just let nature take its course without all the hoopla of operations, etc.! Part of me is full of questions! And then there's part of me that has lots of faith! Strange that all three can abide together in one heart! Even though in my heart I know that God knows the answers to all of these questions and unknowns, somehow the unrest creeps in. I just wish that phone would ring with some kind of direction!



I am thankful for... The way the Lord has sent someone my way who has bought so much from me on Ebay! A time of year when sales are usually so slow and I'm having my best month ever! Thank you, Lord!



From the kitchen... Oven fried chicken, oven roasted carrots, onions and potatoes, buttered baby limas.
I am wearing... Sandels, print tee shirt, blue pants! Changed a little since last week!

I am creating... Lots of lists of things that need to be done!

I am going... To the bank, to the Post Office, to the mailbox, to the bird feeder, out with the dog, to my sister's.

I am reading... Everything I can about breast cancer.

I am hoping... I have the courage and strength to go through the next few months!

I am hearing... The hum of a cool air conditioner, Buster breathing heavily under my feet, birds singing outside my window. Crows!!!!! Where did all these crows come from????


Around the house...
Loads of laundry today!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week. . . Waiting by the phone . . . . then, who knows? In the meantime, I'm trying to get ahead on cutting and making items to list on Ebay.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


I'm so glad to be able to participate with the others in this Notebook entry. You can visit The Simple Woman's blog

HERE!

5 comments:

Deb said...

Just keep the faith Cora, the Lord works through faith.

Just then a woman who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak. She said to herself, "If I only touch his cloak, I will be healed."
Matthew 9:20-21

Toni said...

Amen,Deb!!I cling to this same verse.God healed me the same way he healed that woman over 2000 years ago!He is the same now as He was then and will be tomorrow!!The great I AM,will give you peace that passes all understanding Cora!!I want you to know that I love you and am praying for you.I cannot believe no one called you with any results yet!Have you tried calling the Dr.s office?I keep checking your blog to see how your doing.I know how scared you must be.Hold on to the promises the Lord has made to us!

Juri said...

I was reading about your day and was going to write something so inspiring....until I got to the reference to CROWS. Then all inspiration went out of my mind and all I could think of is "what are we going to do about these awful crows???" There must have been 50 hanging in my yard yesterday...ugh! When I fed the goats, I felt like I was in an Alfred Hitchock movie!!

Juri

Thia said...

A few days ago, I noticed it was really noisey around here...now I realize it was the crows. It's been quiet a day or two, guess they moved on to your place. Hope they move on again soon!

Debra said...

Hello again,
Well, I DO love crows, but that does sound a tad creepy...

Cora, I keep thinking about your blog name, and how much that has always meant to me. He WILL give you riches...
Love, Debra