Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Thank you for your Prayers!

pink ribbon


I just can't thank each and every one of you enough for all your prayers, emails, and loving posts here. Believe me, today was one of those days when I just KNEW that people were there holding me up!

It's strange, but I dreaded this mammogram today MORE than any of the other horrible things that might be coming down the line. As one lady said in the waiting room today, "That machine was invented by a very angry, masochistic man!" But wouldn't you know, God gave me a very loving, gentle lady and I have to say, it did not hurt one bit! So I wasted LOTS of time worrying, fretting, and getting nervous over today's visit!

But I have nothing to report. That's the worst part ----- waiting! All they say is that they will be calling my Dr. with the results and I should be hearing from him probably tomorrow.

So. . . . . . .

I will be sure to post where I'm headed after this. At least this is the very first step in the right direction for me.

I would so appreciate your continued prayers. I do know that God is in control of everything and will be walking with me through all of this!

And PLEASE!!!!!! Don't be stupid like me. . . . . PLEASE go get that mammogram!!!!!

17 comments:

Katy said...

First of all..you aren't stupid! xoxo
I will definitely keep praying for you Cora! I am sorry...the waiting IS horrible!

Renna said...

I am honored to be part of your prayer covering, Cora.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

HI Cora,

I will continue to pray - that the time goes quickly and that the results are even more than you can hope for.
hugs, Linda

Toni said...

I will continue to pray for you Cora!I will check back with you tomorrow to see how you are.

Juri said...

What can I say tonight, Cor....except that I love you!

Jur

Deb said...

Hi Cora, I'm so glad to hear that you had a painless Mammogram. I want to say not only that you're headed in the right direction, but that the Lord will carry you all the way. PRAISE GOD! BLESS THE NAME OF THE LORD, HE'S WORTHY TO BE PRAISED! HE'S ABLE! And we, your friends, will be right there too. Deb

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

Hi Cora I am still lifting you up. I had my very first mammogram last week and I too was so scared! I kept praying to God that it would go fast and He was so good to me they had me in and out in about 10 min!! And I got my results today and everything looks fine!! Thank you Lord!! And I pray that the Lord will heal you!! Take care~Wendy

Wanita said...

Cora, I'll continue to pray. May God give you His peace as you wait for the results. Waiting is truly one of the hardest things to do.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

I couldn't go to bed tonight without checking to see how it went today. I'm sorry you're having to wait...I'm still praying for you!
~ Tammy

Kay-The Rustic Cottage said...

I am continuing to pray several times a day. Waiting is the very hardest part. I'll check back tomorrow.

Love,
Kay

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Praying ... always!

Love,
Lea

Pam said...

Cora, I believe you are right on the money about the angry masochistic guy inventing those machines!!!!
I had been putting the test off for 2 years, and my primary care physician was getting tired of my excuses. So the day I went in about my foot, she said she could set up appointments with a podiatrist and for the mammogram in the same afternoon- and I finally said I would go. That was quite a busy day! She sent me to a new imaging center for the mammogram. The macine was not fun, but everything was new and as pleasant as possible, and the technician was kind and helpful.
It was a relief to have it done.
I will be thinking of you and praying for a good outcome.
Hugs,
Pam

PianoPlayer said...

I have a couple of very funny stories I can share with you about my mammo experiences. Coffee?
Still praying, still love you.
Cheryl

Julie said...

I have my mammogram scheduled for this summer--it is my second. Not fun, but worth it!! I hope the nxet 24 hours just ZOOM by for you--waiting is such a hard thing to do. Hope and prayers your way. Julie

Kimmie said...

Dear Cora,
I am sorry to hear of this news. I will pray for you for good news.
Love,
Kimmie

ByLightOfMoon said...

Cora, thanks for this report and I am so glad you finally got this taken care of, at least the first step! I pray it will not be nearly as bad as you had thought and I guess no news is good news if you have not heard by the weekend.

You are always in my prayers because I love you!
Blessings, Cyndi

Leaon Mary said...

Hey Miss Cora,
I'm so happy that your mammy wasn't painful! One answered prayer behind us.... and just remember
SOMEBODY'S ARE PRAYING YOU THROUGH!
HUGS
Lea
<*)))><