Pages

Monday, June 9, 2008

Daybook Entry for June 9, 2008

Photobucket



FOR TODAY (June 9, 2008)...



Outside My Window The leaves on my sycamore tree are gently blowing in the breeze, all clean and refreshed from a shower yesterday!



I am thinking... How refreshed I feel myself after reading all these comments with promises of love and prayers! .


I am thankful for... God's never failing love, people who show it every day, and those who can express it in such beautiful music!



From the kitchen... Pot roast, carrots, onions, potatoes.

I am wearing... oversized tee shirt, NO SHOES this week, baggy pants! (am I in a rut or what????) Still in the SAME rut! What can I say? feels great!

I am creating... Lots of lists of things that need to be done, just in case!

I am going... To fill out paper work for a mammogram and find out what will be coming down the line. Also, Post Office and to get an ink cartrige filled.
I am reading... Taking a break. Nothing!

I am hoping...
That this is NOT cancer! Am I dreaming or delusional, or just normal?

I am hearing... Buster snoring! Nothing bothers him!

Around the house...
Cleaning up and rethinking strategies in case surgery is very soon. Thinking of advance planning for preparing dishes ahead of time and freezing for easy cooking later.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week. . . Laundry, getting ebay orders out, waiting until after today to see what all I will need to be doing.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing... "But they that wait upon the Lord sall renew their strength, they shall rise up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."

. . . . Waiting can be so hard, can't it?

Photobucket




I'm so glad to be able to participate with the others in this Notebook entry. You can visit The Simple Woman's blog
HERE!



Photobucket


For these things, I thank you, Lord:
14. Rain that renews and cleanses everything around me!.
15. A good night's sleep with Buster close beside me!
16. The wonderful smell of potroast cooking and so thankful for God's provisions!
17. A special, unexpected call from a friend, saying she is praying for me today!
18. Ice cold Ice Tea!
19. Air Conditioning!

13 comments:

Renna said...

The name of the Lord is a strong tower. The righteous run into Him and are safe; and you are made righteous by the blood of Jesus, Cora.

Do you have a church you could call on to see about having meals delivered to you for at least a week or so following surgery? Don't be afraid to ask. I wish I were near enough to help you in physical ways, but as I'm not, I will pray that God will send those to you who can.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

I'm still praying here, Cora!

Blessings,
Tammy

Something Nice and Pretty said...

God bless you Cora. I'm thinking of you!


blessings Rondell

Katy said...

I loved reading all this Cora!! :)

I, too, am praying that it isn't cancer. It definitely is NOT delusional. We serve an almighty God...and cancer is NOTHING compared to Him. Just trust His plan. (I know, easier said than done!)

xoxo
Have a good Tuesday! :)

Sugarplum Cottage said...

When things are so overwhelming just take a deep breath, close your eyes and bask in his love... and warmth... and mercy, for he is always with us. Let Him renew your strength and spirit. Seek his peace and anointing, for He is the great physician the all-sufficient one for this moment. You know Cora, sometimes God takes us out of a bad situation or prevents the problem altogether and then other times he takes us through them. Just remember no matter how he works in our lives, we can trust Him to be an ever present guide for this day. I can read it a thousand times how much he loves us and yet everyday I'm still amazed at how he takes care of little old selfish, sinful, stubborn me Hugs, RoseMarie

Deb said...

Hi Cora, I was listening to a sermon yesterday and I wanted to share it with you, as it comforted me concerning you. It said, start out on faith and finish on faith. We can't be double minded saying maybe God can and then maybe He can't. Then last, that the race is not given to the swift and strong but to the one that can endureth to the end. God bless you Cora. I believe. Deb

Linda said...

Whoo, Cora.. I see I'm a lot behind on your posting.. our hearts are with you! We'll be praying for a good outcome of everything..!

I love that last bible quote you put up! In our church, we sing that one as a song of its own.. with a funky tropical beat ;)

Greetings from holland!

junebugmal said...

Cora..
You are in my prayers. Cancer is a scary word..I have 2 brothers and
my mom has had cancer..
My brothers and my mom
have lived thru it.My mom
is 90 yrs old.
Keep looking up..God will
be there for you..In the time of sickness and trouble..He said he would never leave us...Hold to that promise...

God Bless You...
Junebug..

Nancy Jo said...

Cora,
Another day and another good thought for you.
NANCY JO

Pam said...

The verse from Isaiah is my husband's favorite verse- he has leaned on God's promise many times.

Cora, I'm thinking of you this morning, and just wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs,
Pam

Thia said...

Stopping by from Peggy's and wanted to add my well wishes and prayers

Leaon Mary said...

Hi Miss Cora,
I am saying that verse over and over with you....
In HIM,
Lea
<*)))><

Sondra said...

Hoping with you! (((((HUGS))))) sandi