Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Daybook Entry for June 3, 2008

Photobucket



FOR TODAY (June 3, 2008)...



Outside My Window . . .I'm so anxious, because a mother cat is trying to get 3 kittens across the street. The cars are coming so fast. . .. I'm just praying she makes it. I just can't watch!!!!!



I am thinking... Why is life so hard for these stray animals? I want to feed her, but last time I did that, I ended up with 38 cats.


I am thankful for... Music!



From the kitchen... Beans with smoked sausage, cornbread.

I am wearing... oversized tee shirt, NO SHOES this week, baggy pants! (am I in a rut or what????) Still in the SAME rut! What can I say? feels great!

I am creating... Believe it or not, I'm writing again. I haven't written any poetry or stuff for a while, but feel that tug at my heart again!

I am going... Nowhere, I hope! Just too hot!

I am reading... Taking a break. Nothing!

I am hoping...
A Dr. visit goes well on Thursday. I'm finally going!

I am hearing... The Cathedrals on my stereo. My nephew set it up for me while he was visiting last week. I missed all my CD's going constantly!


Around the house...
Do we need to discuss that??? It's such a mess! Almost beyond fixing anymore!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week. . . Help Patsy get around. She fell a few days ago and is very stiff and in a lot of pain. Do lots of wash. Have lots of decisions I have to make. Get ahead on making things to sell.

Here is picture thought I am sharing... Mommie, please don't make us cross the street!!!!!

Photobucket




I'm so glad to be able to participate with the others in this Notebook entry. You can visit The Simple Woman's blog
HERE!

13 comments:

Susan said...

Hi,hope all is well.Been on vacation in May.We had a good time.It is hard to get in the swing of things again.I have pictures on my blog.Have a good week. God Bless

papel1 said...

I hope the kittens make it across the highway Cora. Again I appreciate all the help you gave me on my blog. Now I am involved with rubber stamp challenges. Will it never end?
Judy

Julie said...

That is the cutest picture I have seen in a long time. I love baby animals. Enjoyed your post today. julie

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

Good Morning Cora!
I am thankful for sisters in Christ like you!
Come back over and get my banner for the blogaversary!
The more the merrier!

mammaof5js said...

Was just looking at your blog and the song by Chris Rice, Come to Jesus was playing. I LOVE that song. It's one of my favorites.
How is Patsy? Is there anything you need? Please let us know.
Tracee

Sugarplum Cottage said...

Cora, I love this song and when I got to the picture of the kittens and you wrote, "mommy please don't make us cross the street" tears welled up in my eyes. I ask that of God sometimes, I say Lord please don't make me go through this or that. But he always carries me through, is with me to the very end, always and forever.

I also wanted to tell you to add the chicken broth to the water you already have in the kettle. Wow, I change the subject fast, from the Lord to chicken broth. I thank him for always providing for us too.

Hugs, RoseMarie

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

That picture of the kittens is just darling! I hope the kitties made it okay!

Oh, and the cornbread and beans sound great!

Have a great day!
Tammy

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

Thank you, all, for caring about the kittens. I found out that my neighbor has been feeding the Momma and giving them some shelter. But she decided yesterday to pack her bags and move on. Yes, the kittens made it safely across. She came back for the last one, waiting for traffic to pass, and they both ran for their lives.

RoseMarie, it is true that we do often cry to the Lord not to make us cross the street!!!! Yet, He takes us by the hand, and we make it, too!

And thanks for clearing up the chicken thing!!!!!

Cora

Michelle said...

What a great blog, thanks for sharing. Glad I found it!

pinetrees on the moor said...

Hi cora thank you for leaving your kind words on my very first blog, sorry i did not get back to you sooner.I was so glad to hear the kitties made it across the road,i know what you mean about ending up with lots of strays,i sometime help out with my local cats protection league and i once had 13 cats and helped trap lots of ferals to neuter and return to the wild.Hope this week has been good to you.I have posted a couple of times now, still trying to find my way around,i am so glad i have made friends.I will be posting more pictures on the outside of my home this weekend please come and visit. hugs kate

Leaon Mary said...

Praying your Dr appt went well Miss Cora! ~
Poems and Kitties,
L

Pam said...

Cora, I am hoping that all goes well with the dr. visit.
Glad to know that the kittens made it across safe!
Hugs,
Pam

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Cora, your daybook entries are so thoughtful ... and funny as can be. You always make me smile and reflect!

Love ya bunches,
Lea