Pages

Saturday, June 14, 2008

I did it again!

By now, you would think I had learned my lesson. If you have been a follower of my blog, you will know that I have NOT YET LEARNED to follow the directions as they are given in all of your posts.

I messed up the laundry soap big time!

And here I am again, but I'm really laughing hard at myself.

Lea of Farmhouse Blessings posted a wonderful recipe for a cleaning scrub. I had heard about this before, so decided to make some.

Photobucket

But NOOOOOOOOOO! I did NOT print out the proportions first, so I just got my big old bowl out and put about 3/4 of a bottle of dish detergent in there, and then started to add the baking soda. I added one whole box. Mixed that up really well, but it was like soup! Went back to Lea's post and it said it's supposed to be like icing. So. . . . . . I added another box. And another. . . . . .

Needless to say, I have enough scrub stuff to last through eternity.

And believe me, it works! My stove is shining, my counters look great, and I even scrubbed down those awful cookie sheets that I sprayed with nonstick ---- you know how burnt and brown they get????? I just couldn't throw them away, so I scrubbed with this scrub, and it IS coming off!!!!

I'm on a mission here. Bathroom is next!

Thank you, Lea! I just love your concoctions!!!!!!

---------------

Photobucket


For these things, I thank you, Lord:
33. Lots of new "softscrub" to clean with!
34. Fresh, clean sheets for my bed!
35. Baby cardinals being fed outside my window!
31. Fresh tomatoes from the garden.
32. God's never failing love!
33. Deena's good news about her cancer treatments! Thank you Lord for her courage and faith!
--------

12 comments:

Sarah Mae said...

Sounds like something I would do! I will have to check out that soap recipe.

I found your blog through Katy Lin!

Juri said...

Hey Sis...when will we ever learn that "if a little is good, a lot is better" does NOT always apply???? Remember when we learned that adding soap to our hose sprayer would help keep bugs away...but we did not read the directions and our yards had soap bubbles every time it rained????

Jur

Renna said...

Oh, Cora, we sound like kindred spirits. I'm the world's worst about not following directions properly. My disasters are usually in the form of something inedible. ;-Þ

I'm cracking up at Juri's yard full of soap bubbles story! ;-)

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Too funny but a good warning for the rest of us!LOL

Thanks for sharing. hugs, Linda

Susan said...

Hi Cora,

Thanks for stopping by the other day. I love meeting new people.

Your blog is so nice. I ALMOST used the scripture you have on your title for my blog!

Wow...

So nice to meet you, I'll be back♥

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Oh Cora, I am laughing to so hard I'm having to cover my mouth so I don't disturb Jeffrey! LOL! You are so funny! But you know, it is people like you who usually make great discoveries that benefit the rest of us "oh so careful" folks!

Don't forget, this mix works on getting bugs off of vehicles too! Sounds like you have enough to do the entire car now! LOL

And I am really laughing at Juri's bubbles in the yard story. You are too much! Makes me just love you all the the more!

Hugs,
Lea

Deb said...

Hi Cora, I thank God for good spirits, and you seem to be in such good spirits. If you have too much of that wonderful soap just send some my way. I hope you had a beautiful today, (cleaning).LOL Deb

Wanita said...

Hi Cora,

Just wanted to let you know that the Somerset where I grew up is in Pennsylvania.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.

Blessings to you!

papel1 said...

Thats Funny Cora, I haven't made my mix yet and will be careful to read the directions. Hey if you have some left come clean my house.
Judy

Deborah said...

Cora...I tried the mixture, and it works great! However, I meant to tell my kids that the yellow mixture in the bowl was NOT icing, but soap...but I forgot, and later, my 6 year old came running to me, crying, with bubbles coming out of his mouth!!

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Cora, you could bring the scrub stuff to my house. It could use a little cleaning. :-)
It's pretty funny reading your post.

CathyJean said...

Ohhh! Cora!
I'm sorry, but I'm laughing because that is something I'd do!!
Thanks for the heads up - I'm going to read the directions.
Hugz,
Cathy